This policy describes how AAPD 2021 collects and uses personal information of users of our website, aapdasia.com.
2. The Effect of Policy
- 1) These terms will have effect to be shown on the service menu.
- 3) Service will be stopped for you to use when you disagree with the new policy.
3. Other Regulation
If something is not shown on this policy, but on the Korean law, AAPD 2021 follows the Korean law. If it is not, AAPD 2021 follows custom.
4. Definition of Terms
- 1) Participant: People who signed up to AAPD 2021 website.
- 2) ID: A combination of letters which is set by user for the user identification and the service of the user, it will be participant’s e-mail address.
- 3) Password: A combination of letters and numbers which is set by user to protect the information of user. (At least 4 character)
- 4) Contract: A contract information between AAPD 2021 and the user of the website.
Since some services are provided by the AAPD 2021 are for only participants, these services are only available for the users who sign up.
6. Contract Formation
7. Change of Policy
You can change the below information by yourself by using a function within the service.
- 1) Your personal information
- 2) Password
8. ID & Password
- 1) You have all responsibilities for ID and password.
- 2) You cannot change, share, or assign your ID without obvious reason.
- 3) You have all responsibilities for such unauthorized use by third parties on the service or negligence caused by ID assigned to you.
9. AAPD 2021 Responsibility
- 1) AAPD 2021 is committed to maintaining the system to be suitable for the service to provide consistent and reliable service. If the system is unusable, we will repair or recover it.
- 2) AAPD 2021 will notice the details online if there are any changes or additions to the service contents.
10. Personal Information Protection
- 1) AAPD 2021 should protect the personal information that is created and used in the service provided by the user.
- 2) AAPD 2021 never share the personal information with the third parties. However we can share the personal information if
- (1) National law enforcement agencies need it for Investigation.
- (2) They need it for statistics, academic research or market research.
- 3) You can always view your personal information before you complete the registration.
11. Your Responsibility
- 1) You should not do all of these.
- (1) Do not use other users’ ID.
- (2) Do not copy, publish, or broadcast any information which you get from AAPD 2021 without the AAPD 2021’s permission.
- (3) You must comply with the instructions or cautions and services specified in this agreement.
Through this Policy, AAPD 2021 organizing committee regards personal information of the users as important and inform them of the purpose and method of AAPD 2021 organizing committee 's using the personal information provided by the users and the measures taken by the the organizing committee for protection of those personal information.
This Policy will be effective on the 28th day of April, 2021 and, in case of modification thereof, the committee will make public notice of it through posting it on the bulletin board of AAPD 2021's website(or individual notice through sending mails, fax or e-mails).
1. Information to be collected and method of collection
(1) Personal information items to be collected
- Personal information items to be collected by the Company are as follows:
E-mail, Name, Affiliation, Job title, Country, Address, Work phone, Telephone
- The Online payment company(Eximbay) and website management company may collect the information directly provided by the users.
Log data, Card information(when user pay via online) will be provided to Eximbay which is online payment company.
- Besides of information directly provided by the users, the committee may collect information in the course that the users use the service provided by the Company.
(2) Method of collection
The committee collects the information of users in a way of the followings:
Information of users will be provided through Website “create account”.
2. Use of collected information
The committee uses the collected information of users for the following purposes:
- Member management for AAPD registration and Abstract Submission
- Sending information letter, promotion letter, confirmation letter to members (Via E-mail)
- Sending Any notifications regarding AAPD 2021
The committee agrees that it will obtain consent from the users, if the Company desires to use the information other than those expressly stated in this Policy.
3. Sharing collected information
Except for the following cases, the committee will not share personal information with a 3rd party:
- when the Company shares the information with its affiliates, partners and service providers; Online payment service providers(Eximbay)
- when the users consent the sharing in advance
- when the sharing is required by the laws
- if required to be disclosed by the laws and regulations.
- if required to be disclosed by the investigative agencies for detecting crimes in accordance with the procedure and method as prescribed in the laws and regulations.
4. Cookies, Beacons and Similar Technologies
The committee may collect collective and impersonal information through 'cookies' or 'web beacons'.
Cookies are very small text files to be sent to the browser of the users by the server used for operation of the websites of the Company and will be stored in hard-disks of the users' computer.
These function is used for evaluating, improving services and setting-up users' experiences so that much improved services can be provided by the committee to the users
The items of cookies to be collected by the committee and the purpose of such collection are as follows:
This cookie is a kind of indispensable cookie for the users to use the functions of website of the Company. Unless the users allow this cookie, the services such as registration or electronic bill payment cannot be provided. This cookie does not collect any information which may be used for marketing or memorizing the sites visited by the users.
(Examples of necessary cookies)
- Memorize the information entered in an order form while searching other pages during web browser session
- For the page of registration and check-out, memorize ordered services
- Check whether login is made on website
- Check whether the users are connected with correct services of the website of the Company while the Company changes the way of operating its website
- Connect the users with certain application or server of the services
The users have an option for cookie installation. So, they may either allow all cookies by setting option in web browser, make each cookie checked whenever it is saved, or refuses all cookies to be saved: Provided that, if the user rejects the installation of cookies, it may be difficult for that user to use the parts of services provided by the committee.
5. Users' right to access and option
The users or their legal representatives, as main agents of the information, may exercise the following options regarding the collection, use and sharing of personal information by the committee:
- exercise right to access to personal information;
- make corrections or deletion;
- make temporary suspension of treatment of personal information; or
- request the withdrawal of their consent provided before
If, in order to exercise the above options, you, as an user, use the menu of 'amendment of member information of webpage or contact the secretariat by using representative telephone or sending e-mails, or using telephone to the responsible department (or person in charge of management of personal information), the committee will take measures without delay: Provided that the committee may reject the request of you only to the extent that there exists either proper cause as prescribed in the laws or equivalent cause.
The committee regards the security of personal information of uses as very important. The company constructs the following security measures to protect the users' personal information from any unauthorized access, release, use or modification
- Encryption of personal information
- Transmit users' personal information by using encrypted communication zone
- Store important information such as passwords after encrypting it
- Countermeasures against hacking : Install a system in the zone the external access to which is controlled so as to prevent leakage or damage of users' personal information by hacking or computer virus
- Take measures to prevent forging or alteration of access record
7. Protection of personal information of children
In principle, the committee does not collect any information from the children under 13 or equivalent minimum age as prescribed in the laws in relevant jurisdiction. The website, products and services of the Company are the ones to be provided to ordinary people, in principle. The website or application of the Company has function to do age limit so that children cannot use it and the Company does not intentionally collect any personal information from children through that function.
8. Modification of Privacy Protection Policy
The committee has the right to amend or modify this Policy from time to time and, in such case, the Company will make a public notice of it through bulletin board of its website (or through individual notice such as written document, fax or e-mail) and obtain consent from the users if required by relevant laws.
9. Responsible department of Company
The committee designates the following department and person in charge of personal information in order to protect personal information of customers and deal with complaints from customers:
- Department : AAPD 2021 Secretariat
- Address : 2F, Seobyeon Post office, 17, Hoguk-ro 43-gil, Buk-gu, Daegu, Korea
- Tel.: +82-53-943-1400
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The latest update date: April 28, 2021